This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
The interplay between regulatory enforcement and the behavior of business organizations has become central in her research over the past years. She has previously worked on the deterrent effect of formal legal sanctions on the behavior of firms in the waste industry in the Netherlands, bribery, and on several case studies of corporate and white-collar crime. She currently works on the enforcement of health and safety violations, the punishment of organized crime, domestic bribery, and the misuse of corporate vehicles for illicit finance.
- Wingerde, C.G. van (2016). Deterring Corporate Environmental Crime: Lessons from the Waste Industry in the Netherlands. In T. Spapens, R. White & W. Huisman (Eds.), Environmental Crime in Transnational Context (Green Criminology) (pp. 193-207). Farnham Surrey: Ashgate. Read it here.
- Wingerde, C.G. van (2015). The limits of environmental regulation in a globalized economy. Lessons from the Probo Koala case. In J.G. van Erp & W. Huisman (Eds.), Routledge Handbook of White-Collar and Corporate Crime in Europe (pp. 260-275). Oxford: Routledge. Read it here.
- Bunt, H.G. van de & Wingerde, C.G. van (2015). 'We are all going to be rich.' A case study of the Dutch Real Estate Fraud. In W. Huisman, J.G. van Erp & G. Vande Walle (Eds.), Routledge Handbook of White-Collar and Corporate Crime in Europe (pp. 304-317). Oxford: Routledge. Read it here.
- Wingerde, C.G. van (2012). De afschrikking voorbij. Een empirische studie naar afschrikking, generale preventie en regelnaleving in de Nederlandse afvalbranche. (Beyond deterrence: punishment, deterrence, and compliance in the waste industry in the Netherlands). Nijmegen: Wolf Legal Publishers. Read it here.
- Bunt, H.G. van de, Erp, J.G. van & Wingerde, C.G. van (2007). Hoe stevig is de piramide van Braithwaite? Tijdschrift voor Criminologie, 49 (4), 386-399. Read it here.