I am a lecturer in qualitative research methods at the Department of Criminology, ESL, and the owner of Evers Research & training, in which I train and coach PhD students and researchers in qualitative research. After a Master degree in Cultural Anthropology, I worked several years as a researcher in Curaçao on the topic of norms, values and criminality. After returning to The Netherlands I did research on breast cancer screening among older Moroccan women, on the university as a work place and on research ethics. During that time, I received a Master degree in Public Administration from Erasmus University Rotterdam. From 2001 onwards, I have been teaching qualitative research methods at several universities in The Netherlands and I am a longstanding board member of KWALON, the Dutch Platform for Qualitative Research.
This user account status is Approved
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
My research is about qualitative research methods and the role of technology; I write about it, experiment and reflect on it.
- Evers, Jeanine C. (2016). Elaborating on Thick Analysis: About Thoroughness and Creativity in Qualitative Analysis. Forum Qualitative Sozialforschung / Forum Qualitative Social Research, 17(19), Art. 6. Read it here.
- Evers, Jeanine (2015). Kwalitatief interviewen: kunst én kunde. 2e druk. Amsterdam: BoomLemma uitgevers. Read it here.
- Evers, Jeanine (2015). Kwalitatieve analyse: kunst én kunde. Amsterdam: BoomLemma uitgevers. Read it here.
- Evers, Jeanine C. (2011). From the Past into the Future. How Technological Developments Change Our Ways of Data Collection, Transcription and Analysis. Forum Qualitative Sozialforschung / Forum Qualitative Social Research, 12(1), Art. 38. Read it here.
- Evers, Jeanine C.; Silver, Christina; Mruck, Katja & Peeters, Bart (2011). Introduction to the KWALON Experiment: Discussions on Qualitative Data Analysis Software by Developers and Users. Forum Qualitative Sozialforschung / Forum Qualitative Social Research, 12(1), Art. 40. Read it here.